Members at the 2015 Belpark AGM unanimously passed a resolution to focus on Club Development. The club appointed a Club Development Officer and sub-committee tasked with completing a strategic plan 2015-2020 for the club. The plan was developed in 2015 and subject to committee and membership approval, implementation will continue through 2016/2017. The club is engaging with Triathlon Ireland Development Officers and considering how the TI Club Mark Scheme could be utilised.
January 2017 Update
- Belpark awarded Club Mark certification in November 2016 – the first triathlon club in Ireland to receive this distinction.
- Sports equipment worth €1,300 purchased for club tent, open water safety, first aid kits and training equipment. Thanks to Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council for part funding through their sports equipment grants.
- 20+ Tri Leaders now in the club, actively leading various club training sessions and completing their certification requirements.
- Members survey results published & improvement plan in progress for 2017
- Title sponsor secured for Phoenix Park Duathlon Series
August 2016 Update
- All Club Mark policy documents prepared & submitted to committee for approval
- Sports equipment grant secured from Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council for open water safety, first aid, training equipment & more.
- Tri Leaders completing their certification requirements, with new group being recruited for October 2016 training.
- Registered with both Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Sports Partnership & South Dublin Sports Partnership, as we use facilities in both areas.
- Attended TI regional forum with clubs to gather feedback on their strategic plan for next 3 years
- Improved communications: weekly update of results & news; more automation of training booking on website; race register
- Members survey sent to identify satisfaction & improvements for 2017
- Financial modelling being reviewed with treasurer, along with other funding changes to support coaching investment
November 2015 Update
- Draft plan presented to committee & reviewed by TI Development Officer for Leinster region
- Motion approved at 2015 AGM to invest €3,000 of club funds for priority areas identified in the plan:
- achieve TI Club Mark Scheme certification
- improve financial stability of club
- increase number & quality of coaching options
- improve communications with members
- improve training facilities & safety
- Sports Capital Grants Programme 2015 application for €1,500 of sports & safety equipment rejected in October(Belpark was one of nearly 1,000 clubs nationwide to apply and one of 15 tri clubs).
If you’re interested and have any coaching, financial planning, organizational development or have been involved in other voluntary/sporting organisations, please let us know. The sub-committee will be in contact with all members to keep them updated of progress.
Members Survey 2015
Belpark completed its first member’s survey in March 2015 and a summary of the results are included below. For a full report, visit the Members only page (password available in club email newsletter). This data has also been used to build the club development plan. The sections in the survey were as follows:
- Member demographics
- Coaching & training (swim, bike, run)
- Training camps & events
- Overall satisfaction
- Gear, juniors, social, volunteers
- Club funding
Overall members were positive with how the club has grown in the number of breadth of training, social and gear offerings. New members have found the club more welcoming, although level of coaching, availability of training sessions for various levels and communications are all areas for improvement.
AGM 2014 Resolution:
“That Belpark Club Development Sub-Committee should be established to lead the development of a strategic plan for 2015-2020 to identify long term objectives for a successful club”